Winter is on its way, and it’s time to install overhead doors that hold up in tough cold environments. The movement of materials in and out of a facility requires overhead doors that open and close quickly and efficiently. To keep heating and cooling costs under control, it is important to have the right industrial door in place. Heavy-duty MAXDoors can be built up to 65 feet high with a speed of 8-10 inches per second.
Heavy Duty Vertical Lift Fabric Doors
The Heavy-Duty vertical lift fabric MAXDoor is a simple design that withstands 88mph or 20-psf wind load, and higher wind load is available for any size door. This door includes a 6-inch-thick door panel instead of the usual 4-inch thickness. Built with self-supporting steel side frames and guides, heavy-duty horizontal beams, and dual layer 22oz heavy duty PVC fabric, the HD MAXDoor will provide a strong and reliable entryway to get you through the toughest of weather conditions.
Door Fabric Colors & Safety Features
MAXDoor offers a wide variety of color fabric options that include:
- Insect/Bird Screen Fabric
- Direct drive gear motor with brake
- Multiple Lifting Belts
- Manual Brake Release
- Over travel limit switch
- PLC monitored circuits
- Anti-Collision Door Protection System
- Severe Duty Motor
- Automatic Door System
- Operator Mounted Controls
- Wireless Reversing Edge
- Door Activation Sensors
Speak with an Expert
Take the next step and reach out to speak with our door application experts at MAXDoor. Contact us today for a quote. Made in the USA!
Vertical Lift Fabric doors (VLFD’s) give you the flexibility to build a specific door system using standard components. MAXDoors are designed and built in the USA. Our doors are designed for the toughest of industrial environments and by design offer minimal operation and maintenance costs. In addition, your door request is handled by an application engineer focused on providing you with the best door solution. All MAXDoors offer a 20-25 year service life.
Fabric choices on MAXDoors include a variety of materials for special environments such as high temperature, cut proof, anti-static and translucent.
Model WD VLFD – For Door Sizes Up to 24’ W x 24’ H
This door is economical, possesses a long service life and used frequently by warehouses, maintenance, and trade shops. The door features a floor level brake release and a floor level manual chair hoist in case your facility should lose power.
Model SD -Standard Duty VLFD – For Door Sizes Up to 36’ W x 30’ H
Our simple design ensures minimum operation and low maintenance costs. Head member, side frames and door guides utilize structural steel. Standard speed in both directions is 10-12 inches per second and faster speeds are available. This door provides high wind-load resistance and excellent environment separation.
Model HD Heavy Duty High Speed VLFD – For Door Sizes Up to 45’W x 45’ H
With a speed of 20+ inches per second, this MAXDoor is designed for large openings and has a self-supporting head member and side frames utilizing C-15 steel channels to provide superior strength. Designed with internal traveling horizontal beams and large UHMW guide blocks to provide the highest wind-load resistance.
Model UL VLFD – For Sizes Up to 45’ W x 70’ H
Simple operation ensures minimum operating and maintenance costs. Custom built for each door application, this MAXDoor offers a variety of control panel types and options. With 4 lifting belts and photo-eyes for monitoring opening and closing, this door is built for safety.
With many years of experience in solving entries for buildings, industrial facilities, airplane and aerospace centers, fire stations, shipyards, crane-bays and more, give MAXDoor a call to find the right solution for your door needs at (248) 915-5838.
Extracting raw materials from the earth is dangerous business. Protecting the workers and the environment is critical during all mining operations. One way to enhance safety and protect the surrounding environment is to make sure the right doors are installed in crusher buildings, truck shops, wash bays and pellet plants.
Dependable, Strong and Safe
Tough mining conditions demand strong and safe entrance doors at all openings. A door must stand tough in dirty, gritty and corrosive environments. A premium door needs to be corrosive-resistant and strong enough to handle the demands of daily mining operations. A door that is constantly breaking down will cost your operation a lot of unnecessary expense.
Steel Doors Are Out
The use of big expansive steel doors is a thing of the past. Rolling steel doors are expensive and corrode quickly. In addition, they need continuous repair and replacement. Steel doors have a very short service life and can be a safety hazard. What you need at mining door openings are MAXDoors – the vertical fabric lift door that fits in less space and requires no additional building modifications. In addition, a fabric door allows more natural sunlight into the building which greatly improves safety inside the building.
Controlling Dust and Dirt
MAXDoors operate at a high speed and cut down on dust and dirt. Even on crusher buildings where debris is flying, our door is made with dual-layer fabric and provides a tight seal when closed.
Made in the USA, MAXDoor is a supplier to mining sites throughout North America.
Take The Next Step
To learn more about how a MAXDoor can help to create a safer and more efficient environment at your facility contact us or call 877-436-0302.
Long lead times for commercial overhead doors is a major problem. When you need to open or close a door, it is crucial to all operations of a business that the right door is installed at the door opening. Choosing a vertical lift fabric MAXDoor can provide you with a much shorter delivery time compared to rolling steel doors. There are many factors contributing to longer lead times such as lack of raw materials (steel), offshore suppliers unable to unload at the docks, and a shortage of employees in the manufacturing and delivery business.
MAXDoor understands the struggles everyone is currently facing especially in the industrial door business. However, we are based in Michigan where all our design and manufacturing take place. We can build and deliver a door much faster because we are a Made in the USA company designing and manufacturing doors in the state of Michigan. Our doors can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. and overseas. Because we have this advantage, we can deliver our product much faster than other door companies who rely on materials from foreign parts and overseas production.
Overhead Door Replacement
Replace your overhead door with a vertical lift fabric MAXDoor. Remember, for example, rolling steel doors are the cheapest door you can buy, and right now you will wait months to get one delivered. Instead look to MAXDoor and install a door that is high quality, 2-5 times stronger than most doors and has a life span of 20-25 years of dependability.
With 35 years plus in the door business, we can design and custom build a door to fit your specific door opening needs. MAXDoors hold up in the most demanding of environments and can be designed and built for a maintained windload of up to 150 m.p.h.
Get The Right Type of Door
You want to make sure you order the right type of door for a specific door opening. Many doors will fit but you need to decide the type of internal and external environments you are dealing with and the severity of the surrounding environment. That’s where our door experts can come to the rescue. Reach out to a MAXDoor expert, talk to our design engineer and get a quality door that fits all of your overhead door needs.
Get The MAXDoor Advantage
You get it all with a MAXDoor:
- Strength for High Wind Resistance
- High speed opening and closing
- High cycle capability
Get Help Today
Learn more about how MAXDoors can help increase the efficiency and safety at your facility when you talk to one of our design engineers today!
Turn to MAXDoor when you need an industrial door for large entrances and access points. Our vertical lift fabric doors are the perfect solution and are the best in the industry. Listed below are several choices to fit your need for a large custom-built industrial door for your warehouse, factory or any entrance that requires a strong, well-built door.
We offer many door solutions such as:
- Heavy Duty High Speed – Self-Supporting head member and self-supporting side jamb/guides resulting in minimum load on your building. This door is used on door openings over 30FT in width.
- Heavy Duty-XL is a door for heavy industrial environments and openings over 60FT wide. Multiple lifting belts provide increased protection and safety.
- SD-Insulated – this vertical lift fabric door is for door openings that are in the closed position most of the time. Also available in a high-speed version for door openings up to 30FT wide.
- WD Model – ideal for warehouses and maintenance shops. This simple design ensures minimum operation and maintenance costs. A folding curtain stacks like a roman shade on the exterior and interior of the door. This door is very economical and has a long service life.
- TD Model – telescoping steel panel door that provides security, fire protection and sound absorption. This door is perfect for high cycle operations, high wind load and latches down when closed. Available in several color choices, the TD model is easy to repair and requires minimal maintenance.
- Crane Way Door Model – custom engineered door available in several color choices and designed for large cranes entering and exiting the facility. Standard features include severe duty motors, aluminum guide rails, brush weather seals, multiple lifting belts, dual layer fabric to name a few. Also available in a Lower Door Swing Model.
The above models are designed for safety, low maintenance, energy efficiency and are cost-effective based on the long service life of a MAXDoor. The perfect door for many industries, including agriculture, aerospace, steel, aluminum, glass, mining, ship building, port authorities, military, large equipment manufacturers, and waste handling facilities.
MAXDoor provides long lasting solutions for the toughest of industries at an affordable price. Warehouse and shop doors are in constant use and need a door that is a simple design with low maintenance costs. This door is designed for 20-25 years of service and utilizes a powered Gearhead door operator with a floor level brake. In the event there is a loss of power, this MAXDoor Model WD comes with a manual chain hoist. Our door’s control panel is mounted at the top by the door operator, and we offer an optional wall mount control panel with a disconnect.
MAXDoor Model WD Features
Door Size/Speed: This WD model is deal for door openings that are 24FT wide x 24FT high; 10-12 inches per second
Door Strength/Wind Load: Head member and side frame/guides made of common structural steel components providing superior overall strength; horizontal beams manufactured from structural steel tube provide the highest wind load resistance
Door Design: MAXDoor WD has a simple design ensuring minimum operational and maintenance costs. A folding curtain stacks like a roman shade on the interior and exterior; fabric over-laps door guide surfaces providing excellent weather seal; large rubber bottom weather seal; operator mounted controls; designed for a long service life with minimal maintenance
Door Safety: 4 Lifting Belts (minimum); Photo-eyes monitor opening/closing; Door guides free of any devices; Safety sensors; Backup manual hoist operator
Door Fabric Choices: We offer a variety of materials for special environments including high temperature, cut proof and anti-static
MAXDoor Model WD Industries
The MAXDoor Model WD is a great solution for door openings in the following industries: Mining, Agriculture, Aerospace, Aluminum, Glass, Military, Port Authorities, Ship Building, Waste Handling to name just a few.
With over 30 years of experience in the door industry, our design experts will assist you with a door to fit your specific needs. Ask a question or request a quote from firstname.lastname@example.org or contact MAXDoor at 248-915-5838.
MAXDoor is an American-owned, Michigan-based door manufacturing company with expertise in custom industrial vertical lift fabric doors. Rolling steel doors were never designed for high speed or high cycle daily door openings. Originally, these doors were intended to be used for security and fire protection. Well, things have changed, and the rolling steel door no longer meets the needs of large industrial operations. MAXDoor has a better and more cost-effective solution for your door needs.
MAXDoor vs. Rolling Steel Doors
Let’s compare a MAXDoor to a rolling steel door:
- STRENGTH – MAXDoors are 2-5 times stronger than steel doors and maintains its strength in doors from 10 feet to 100 feet.
- SPEED – MAXDoors operate a high speed (up to 60” per second), however, rolling steel doors were never designed for high cycle operations.
- WIND LOAD – MAXDoors have dual-layer fabric door panels with internal traveling beams providing the highest wind load resistance. The door is significant in a building’s ability to withstand high winds because it often closes the largest opening on a building. A rolling door is subject to either being blown into the building or pulled out of the opening.
- MAINTENANCE – MAXDoors save our customers significantly on the cost of downtime, maintenance, and repair. With a simple design, the horizontal beams are quickly put back in place should a collision occur. Rolling steel doors are notorious for requiring constant costly repairs. Think of the money saved by not having to call a service technician for a costly door repair.
- SAFETY – MAXDoors have a lifting belt and horizontal beam design that has proven to improve safety concerns when hit by forklifts or dump trucks. A free-falling rolling steel door can weigh as much as half a ton and cause considerable damage to workers and expensive equipment should the system fail.
- SERVICE LIFE – MAXDoor has a service life of 20-25 years with very little maintenance. A rolling steel door with costly maintenance and repairs will last 5-10 years.
It’s time to put a tough door in place…It’s time for a MAXDoor.
Contact us today to answer any door questions you may have. Let us help you design your industrial door solution.
In the demanding world of the automotive industry, every factory, dealership, or warehouse operates most efficiently when the gateway to the building has an industrial door that is dependable, efficient, and safe. MAXDoor, the vertical lift fabric industrial door, checks all the boxes when it comes to strength, security, safety, and energy savings. At any automotive site, there is a robust flow of people, parts, goods, and vehicles, and it requires an industrial door that hangs tough and improves overall efficiency.
How does MAXDoor stack up?
- Made with structural steel, MAXDoors provide superior overall strength and durability in door sizes from 10FT to 100FT. The horizontal beam design has proven to be significantly stronger than other door designs. Remember vertical lift fabric doors are 2-5 times strong than rolling steel doors and are designed for high cycle operations. In addition, MAXDoors are designed with internal traveling horizontal beams providing significant wind load resistance.
- MAXDoors provide intelligent controls such as automated door opening/closing systems eliminating human error, improving safety and productivity, and minimizing collisions and accidents. Safety is increased with an independent adjustable closing speed and thru-beam style photo eyes. Custom control panels provide built-in diagnostics, PLC, VFD or relay logic.
- Reduce energy costs by 50% with a MAXDoor. Improving your door efficiency automatically improves your energy efficiency. Materials, supplies, and products must enter and exit a facility, and that means that access doors must open and close 24/7. There is a great deal of heat loss at the door opening in addition to wear and tear on cooling systems. Having a properly functioning door can decrease the amount of energy used to cool or heat a climate-controlled factory, warehouse of industrial building. MAXDoors operate at high speeds and are built with dual layer fabric panels to minimize energy loss at the door site.
- The simple design of the MAXDoor provides security and exceptionally low maintenance. With a 20–25-year service life, our industrial door will offer years of dependable service and save your company with overall maintenance and repair costs associated with rubber and steel rolling doors.
MAXDoors offer numerous options to fit the needs of your environment. Self-supporting, our door puts minimum load on an existing building structure and can be mounted on the interior or exterior of the door opening. When you custom design your MAXDoor, there are numerous fabric choices to fit your specific door needs such as 18, 20, 22, 28 ounce fabric along with fire retardant, low temperature, high temperature and anti-static materials just to name a few.
Take the Next Step
Get the MAXimum for your investment and give us a call or contact us today to discuss an industrial door solution to fit your specific needs.
Extracting valuable minerals from the earth takes place in a dirty, moist, and dusty environment. An industrial door at a mining site must provide maximum strength, withstand extreme temperatures, and maintain a high wind load. MAXDoor is a self-supporting vertical lift fabric door offering all the above and more. Our door is a great fit for the mining environment and offers multiple control panel designs. Made in the USA, MAXDoor is 2-3 times faster than a rolling steel or multiple leaf steel door and offers many safety features.
Standout Features of a MAXDoor
- MAXDoor is custom designed to fit the customer’s specific needs
- MAXDoor is available for door openings 65 Ft wide x 65 FT high
- MAXDoor opening/closing speed is 2-3 times faster at large openings
- MAXDoor provides excellent environment separation at the mine
- MAXDoor is designed for heavy industrial and corrosive environments
- MAXDoor exceeds wind load requirements and can be built to withstand a maintained wind load of up to 150 m.p.h.
- MAXDoor offers a variety of fabrics including 28-ounce fire retardant fabric
- MAXDoor by design minimizes repair costs due to collisions – operating like a Roman shade and designed to give way upon impact, the fix is simply to place the horizontal beams back in the guides.
- MAXDoor safety is built into the lifting belt and horizontal beam design
- MAXDoor has a 20-25 Year service life
Let our MAXDoor professionals evaluate your door opening needs and offer the best entrance solution that fits the requirements of the mining environment. Contact us today for a quote or call (248) 915-5838.
Doors serve many purposes but one of the most important is separating the outside environment from your inside facility. You could take this a step further to say you may even want to separate indoor environments within your facility. MAXDoor can provide the right custom-designed door to fit your need. Compliance with local and state regulations to meet EPA and quality control is extremely important and our doors will give you reliable protection while keeping your facility free of dust, dirt, odors, birds, and rodents.
MAXDoor offers the Standard Duty and Heavy-Duty vertical lift fabric doors. These doors will provide long lasting solutions for the toughest industries. Stronger than rolling steel doors, MAXDoors operate at high speeds and are designed for high cycle operations. High speed operation of a door is paramount to maintaining a safe and clean environment. The 4”–6” thick fabric panel is a simple design that puts minimum load on the building structure and substantially reduces annual operating, repair, and maintenance costs.
MAXDoors are custom designed with numerous fabric choices to fit the need of the specific environment:
- Environment Separation
- Fire Retardant
- Chemical Resistance
- Radio Waves
- Wind Resistance
- Explosion Proof
MAXDoors will protect your most important assets inside of your facility. With years of experience our engineers will design a door to fit your requirements. Each door is custom built in the USA with the best components and has a service life of 20-25 years.
To learn more about which MAXDoor is right for your facility, contact us.