A MAXDoor Case Study on Energy Efficiency
MAXDoor was contacted by an architect on the east coast of the U.S. regarding the need for a NetZero fire station that required doors with no infiltration of outside cold air. Currently the bi-fold doors being used were allowing significant leakage of air around all the sides and bottoms of doors. Instead, they needed a door that would increase the R-value especially during the cold winter months.
The MAXDoor Solution
In order to meet the requirements of the customer the existing bi-fold doors were removed and a new MAXDoor vertical lift fabric door was installed that provided a tight seal and eliminated the energy loss problem.
MAXDoors are the ideal choice when environmental separation is needed at critical facility entry ways and access points because:
- The sealing of a MAXDoor is excellent and are used on clean rooms without any additional weather seals.
- There are many choices for the fabric used on a vertical lift fabric door such as color, low-temperature material, high-temperature material, and 18–42 ounce fabric weights.
- A high-speed MAXDoor helps to increase overall efficiency
Key MAXDoor Features
Some of the most popular features of MAXDoors as requested by customers are:
- The ability to increase energy savings.
- Elimination of drafts and heat loss.
- Light colored fabric that allows natural light into a facility.
- A low “U” value is very important.
- A long service life of 20-25 years.
Industrial Door Help From The Experts
Contact the experts at MAXDoor today for a quote, or, talk to one of our industrial door application experts about your needs.