A leading manufacturer of quality water works products, such as valves and hydrants, contacted MAXDoor with an unusual request. A high temperature fabric door was required at their manufacturing facility. This door needed to withstand temperatures of 500 degrees plus. The door also needed to be installed upside down with a rail at the top to bring components onto the heated conveyor system.
In the current situation all the intense heat from the booth was escaping into the factory making working conditions next to impossible. In addition, with all the heat loss, the energy bills were exorbitant.
- MAXDoor engineers designed, and custom built a 8’ x 9’ door with high temperature resistant fabric.
- The MAXDoor was designed to be installed as an upside-down door separating the oven-heated booth from the rest of the factory.
- Installed the door so that the rail at the top allowed parts to enter the booth for heat treatment.
After installation of the new MAXDoor, the following results were achieved:
- Overall energy savings
- Overall improved quality of valves and hydrants
- Stopped the heat from escaping into the plant
- Improved workplace environment
- Elimination of heat loss
Take The Next Step
If your company is seeking results like this from its industrial door applications, then reach out to the experts at MAXDoor to discuss a solution that is right for you. Contact us today or call 248-915-5838.
A MAXDoor Case Study on Energy Efficiency
MAXDoor was contacted by an architect on the east coast of the U.S. regarding the need for a NetZero fire station that required doors with no infiltration of outside cold air. Currently the bi-fold doors being used were allowing significant leakage of air around all the sides and bottoms of doors. Instead, they needed a door that would increase the R-value especially during the cold winter months.
The MAXDoor Solution
In order to meet the requirements of the customer the existing bi-fold doors were removed and a new MAXDoor vertical lift fabric door was installed that provided a tight seal and eliminated the energy loss problem.
MAXDoors are the ideal choice when environmental separation is needed at critical facility entry ways and access points because:
- The sealing of a MAXDoor is excellent and are used on clean rooms without any additional weather seals.
- There are many choices for the fabric used on a vertical lift fabric door such as color, low-temperature material, high-temperature material, and 18–42 ounce fabric weights.
- A high-speed MAXDoor helps to increase overall efficiency
Key MAXDoor Features
Some of the most popular features of MAXDoors as requested by customers are:
- The ability to increase energy savings.
- Elimination of drafts and heat loss.
- Light colored fabric that allows natural light into a facility.
- A low “U” value is very important.
- A long service life of 20-25 years.
Industrial Door Help From The Experts
Contact the experts at MAXDoor today for a quote, or, talk to one of our industrial door application experts about your needs.