MAXDoor is an American-owned, Michigan-based door manufacturing company with expertise in custom industrial vertical lift fabric doors. Rolling steel doors were never designed for high speed or high cycle daily door openings. Originally, these doors were intended to be used for security and fire protection. Well, things have changed, and the rolling steel door no longer meets the needs of large industrial operations. MAXDoor has a better and more cost-effective solution for your door needs.
MAXDoor vs. Rolling Steel Doors
Let’s compare a MAXDoor to a rolling steel door:
- STRENGTH – MAXDoors are 2-5 times stronger than steel doors and maintains its strength in doors from 10 feet to 100 feet.
- SPEED – MAXDoors operate a high speed (up to 60” per second), however, rolling steel doors were never designed for high cycle operations.
- WIND LOAD – MAXDoors have dual-layer fabric door panels with internal traveling beams providing the highest wind load resistance. The door is significant in a building’s ability to withstand high winds because it often closes the largest opening on a building. A rolling door is subject to either being blown into the building or pulled out of the opening.
- MAINTENANCE – MAXDoors save our customers significantly on the cost of downtime, maintenance, and repair. With a simple design, the horizontal beams are quickly put back in place should a collision occur. Rolling steel doors are notorious for requiring constant costly repairs. Think of the money saved by not having to call a service technician for a costly door repair.
- SAFETY – MAXDoors have a lifting belt and horizontal beam design that has proven to improve safety concerns when hit by forklifts or dump trucks. A free-falling rolling steel door can weigh as much as half a ton and cause considerable damage to workers and expensive equipment should the system fail.
- SERVICE LIFE – MAXDoor has a service life of 20-25 years with very little maintenance. A rolling steel door with costly maintenance and repairs will last 5-10 years.
It’s time to put a tough door in place…It’s time for a MAXDoor.