Here is why a vertical lift fabric MAXDoor is the perfect replacement for your Rolling Steel doors. Rolling Steel doors are typically the least expensive door you can buy and in the old days were used primarily as security on the front of stores and for fire protection at door openings on building fire walls. These doors typically were manually operated and installed at door openings that did not see very many cycles per day.
History of Rolling Steel Doors
Rolling Steel doors were normally installed at small and medium size door openings (less than 30-ft wide). As time went on, customers continued to ask for inexpensive door solutions for their door openings. Funding for purchasing new doors is always tight and a “maintenance can fix it” attitude is very popular. Most companies do not compare the high cost of maintenance when purchasing a lesser product over time. And so Rolling Steel doors were provided for a variety of door openings they were never intended for, such as:
- High speed or high cycle door openings.
- Energy efficiency or to have minimal operating cost.
Rolling Steel doors became larger and faster even though the basic design of the door did not change.
You can now purchase very large Rolling Steel and Rubber Curtain doors, but they will never match the strength to resist the wind or collision impacts like a MAXDOOR. The RS and Rubber curtain doors come with high maintenance costs.
10 Ways MAXDoor Can Rescue You from Rolling Steel Doors
- SIZE – MAXDoors can be manufactured for any size door opening (Even hangar door size).
- STRENGTH – MAXDoors 2-5 times stronger than Rolling Steel doors.
- SPEED – MAXDoors operate at high speed (Up to 60” per second).
- SAFETY – MAXDoors features a variety of features that are above door industry standards.
- CYCLES – MAXDoors are designed for high cycle applications. (Hundreds of cycles per day).
- WIND LOAD – Dual layer fabric door panel with internal traveling horizontal beams provide the highest wind load resistance.
- MAINTENANCE – MAXDoors simple easy to service design and high quality components, equals low maintenance costs.
- ENERGY – MAXDoor high operating speed and 4”, 6” or greater dual layer fabric door panel make the MAXDoor much more energy efficient.
- COLLISION – MAXDoor panel does not have any cables, components or devices that are trapped inside the door guides. If a collision occurs the fabric door panel breaks free from the door guides and are easily put back into the door guides.
- Made in The USA – MAXDoor is owned and operated in Michigan, USA.
Contact us today and explore how a MAXDoor can provide all of these advantages and more to your facility.